Tuesday 30 September 2014

Addressing The Issue Of Kris Leaving SM (FINALLY)

Now, as some of you may or may not know I happen to be a fan of EXO, and a Kris stan at that. This post is way overdue, i know. However, I simply could not bring myself to talk about the issue since it hurt me so much and whenever I even thought about it and how much I miss Yifan, tears just roll down uncontrollably.
BUT! Today, or rather yesterday, something really unfortunate happened and that is that Jessica, a member of Girls' Generation was kicked out of the group. Now, I would not be addressing this issue of Jessica's departure because I know little about it and I do not want to start a controversy. However, this post is just to share my thoughts about Kris leaving SM and EXO and just to share my experience with you guys. Especially to Jessica fans or SONEs out there.
I remembered clearly on the day the news came out, I thought that some stupid fan was spreading some dumb rumour once again because this is a regular occurrence after all . But when I found out it was true, I burst into tears. Why? Because Kris was my everything really. He was dorky, annoying, trying so hard to act cool but deep down he's just a loser, funny, did I mention annoying? And just plain weird, I simply adored him. The way he treated his fans was also admirable and it was my dream to meet him during the EXO concert and love him truly, madly and deeply while he rocks the stage.
Unfortunately, that couldn't happen because he chose to leave SM, and EXO. How did I feel? I felt betrayed. Yes, I said it. Many sympathised with him and I understand why. He was experiencing health problems and SM was restricting him of his dreams basically. Despite that, what I found strange was that he took up an acting role shortly after without waiting for official results whether or not he could be excused from activities. He just irresponsibly vanished. Is acting not as physically draining? It is just as tough no? What makes acting different than promotions with EXO. That really made me question him.
As my thoughts developed further, I thought to myself if this could have been what Kris wanted to do from the start? Possibly debut with the hottest boy band in Korea and then move on to something else which he actually has interests in. If being an idol was truly his dream (which it was not, apparently it was being a basketball player), he would have bit his tongue and carried on. Take Kai for example. He has so many health problems, he's always hurt, he's always in pain and barely has time to rest to recover from his injuries. But because this is his dream, he puts all of that aside and does his best on stage. Now, just compare the two and ponder about their differences and if this could be the reason why everything happened? Selfishness? Greed for money? All of that we will never know for sure.
Although I may sound like I'm attacking Kris, I still do wish him the best in whatever he does. Because there is no point in doing something you don't like right? If this makes him happier, then I'm happy. I know that it must suck to be controlled like a puppet in SM and I really don't blame him from trying to break free from the chains. (Das right boy unleash your inner hood self ) After all, you can bring a horse to the river, but you can never force him to drink water form the river right?However, I just felt that he could be a little more responsible about it.
Today, I saw some Kris or should I say Yifan updates and saw him smiling so sweetly. Something I had never seen in a while. And that was when I truly felt happy for him. That he escaped the deadly claws of SM.
Jessica alike may grow to enjoy the freedom of being away from SM. Even though I feel that it is such a waste that she spent 14 dreadfully long years of her youth being a trainee and sticking with SM.
I really don't know what happened behind the scenes for these two events and as fans I guess we never will. It might remain a secret forever. I all we can do is to simply pray and hope for the best for these two individuals no matter what their future holds.
SONEs, just know that as of right now, we are here for you. And well, screw SM right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment