Sunday 15 June 2014

Happy Fathers' Day

Hello all! Its Fathers' Day today so go give your dad a huge hug, make him a card, or make him breakfast or something. Appreciate your dad, your grandfather, or any fatherly figure you have in your life today :)

I just wanted to dedicate a post to my one and only dad because why not?!

I've always been a daddy's girl and being the youngest in the family, I was definitely the clingiest and the eternal "baby". I remember my mum always threatening to hit me and my dad would then defend me, saving me from lots of hurt and pain :') ps: this isn't child abuse, all asian parents are just like this xD

My dad was never expressive though, he was your typical tough Chinese dad, the head of the household, the pillar everyone relied on. Despite that, I know that he cares for all of us and everything that he does is for the sake of the family.

All these years, my dad was always struggling with work and barely had time to rest. His dark circles were well, down to his knees. Still, he didn't complain and worked immensely hard to provide for the family. This year, he finally got a break from work and what did he do first? He planned our way overdue family vacation to Japan.

Our family had an AMAZING time there. It was really SUGOI! We even got to see cherry blossoms and experience the cool weather which was AWESOME as compared to the dry spell we were experiencing back in Singapore. I wouldn't mind dedicating an entire post to that in the future as that truly was the best holiday I have ever experienced.

That was really when I saw my dad's genuine smile.

All in all, my dad is really an awesome dad and I love him so much. We will never know what may happen tomorrow. So treat everyone around you, including your dad with tons of love and care. I know it may be hard with all their nagging and scolding but just bear with it because we only have one dad, and we don't ever want to live our lives with regrets now do we?

Once again, HAPPY FATHERS' DAY TO ALL DADS IN THE WORLD!


No comments:

Post a Comment