Wednesday 11 June 2014

Schwarzkopf Palette Hair Dye Review


Hello everyone! :)
So today I was just browsing through the super market when i stumbled upon the hair dye section. 

I've been wanting red hair for THE LONGEST TIME and I've actually tried 2 other maroon/mahogany box dyes, one from Liese and the other from some other korean box dye brand which I can't remember its name but BOTH OF WHICH LEFT MY HAIR MORE BROWN THAN RED :( So I decided to give this one a go in the colour "Smooth Red Violet" because why the heck not? 

This box dye cost me around $8, which is cheaper than most of the ones I saw, hence I felt a little uneasy about the result. HOWEVER, NEVER BELITTLE AN INEXPENSIVE PRODUCT because in my opinion, this product worked out AMAZING FOR THE PRICE! 

I have shoulder length hair and 1 box was enough for me, if you have longer hair I would strongly suggest you buy 2 or more. 

The steps were really simple to follow as you simply had to add the colourant cream into the applicator bottle and shake it to your heart's content. Unlike the Liese one where you had to be really careful when mixing, you could be as rough as you wanted with this one and it would actually make the application even better as the product is much more well mixed.

I have to admit that it was rather messy during application but come on, WHICH BOX DYE ISN'T? Even the Liese one which is in a foam form was messy too, but less messy than the Schwarzkopf one.

TIP: Apply some vaseline/olive oil(?) to the sides of your face (aka your sideburns etc) and your ears and neck so that if dye gets on it, it can be removed easily. Also, PLEASE PROTECT YOUR FURNITURE/FLOOR WITH PLASTIC OR SOMETHING BEFORE SELF DYEING YOUR HAIR! (I've learnt it the hard way..)

It was pretty quick to apply too, I took around 15 minutes? I then left it on for an additional 30 minutes before hopping into the shower and rinsing it all off. There was also a hair treatment you would apply after rinsing and it smelled AMAZING! Grape scented maybe? It was a sweet scent HAHA! It definitely did leave my hair a lot softer and smoother too. 

Now the moment you have been waiting for, the results right? 
This is how it looks like indoors, but when the sun hits it, the colour is MUCH MORE VIBRANT.


ps: No makeup guys, and no photoshop either cause I'm far too lazy. OOPS

Here's a closer look.

All in all I would rate this about an 8.5/10 because the results are quite good for the price, the only issue I have is that the ammonia smell is quite strong so definitely take that into consideration. 

I guess that's it for today, thanks for reading and until next time, take care :)

xoxo,
Charmaine

No comments:

Post a Comment