Saturday 28 June 2014

End Of The Holidays?

This is so tragic, the time has come for the holidays to end and for school to resume. Am I upset? Devastated? YOU BET! Like like most normal kids out there, I love the holidays, I love feeling free and well ALIVE!

Don't you feel like a bird trapped in a cage? A fish stuck in a fish tank? There's so much more in this world that we haven't seen or experienced? Is life just all about studying in order to get a job? And then after that, simply working and undergoing the same routine everyday just so that you can get by? Is that all that life has to offer? Our lives can't simply be like a fish tank or a cage. We're supposed to soar through the skies, to swim across the oceans, no we're not supposed to be trapped here.

All of us say "You Only Live Once". Teenagers these days are are using this phrase wrongly though. By doing stupid things, or consuming drugs and just all the dumb shit that teens do and what's their excuse? "YOLO". NO! It's exactly because that we only live once that you have to cherish every moment of life. Some people just take their own lives because they're struggling with school, or due to work. Do people not realise how precious our lives are? Has society driven us into the corner just in order to "improve themselves"?

Honestly, I don't know where I'm going with this post and yes I know that I have to appreciate that at least I'm sheltered, gaining more knowledge everyday and also enjoying life unlike some out there who have nothing. But I'm sure that many people have thought about this before and I just wanted to share my version. I guess that all I'm trying to say here is just to think about your future, don't just go with the flow. We're not robots, we have a living brain to think for our best interests. Live your lives to the fullest guys.

What can I do to change this? I myself don't even know. So until then, just like all of us, I'll be stuck here just mugging around for the sake of my future. But I'm sure one day, I'll figure things out, and you will too.

Until next time, take care :)

xoxo,
Charmaine

No comments:

Post a Comment